It’s that time of year again, when Nittany Mountain Bike Association asks you to please renew your annual membership. Where does this money go, you ask? Things like:
- insurance for the club and the equipment
- maintenance costs for the equipment
- trail maintenance
- club events like the spring and fall rides, winter party etc.
To help cover this we ask for an annual membership of $30, payable by cheque or via paypal. Links and more information can be found here.
What did NMBA do in 2014? Why should you support this awesome club with your membership?
Well, in 2014, through the support and volunteering of members, NMBA was able to:
- Replace and add 2 bridges on Lower trail
- Rehabilitate several corners on Maguire trail
- Rehabilitate sections of Greenshoot Trail
- Clear several dozen trees off trails, almost 3 dozen trees just from Tussey Ridge trail alone
- Secured a Memorandum of Understanding (3) to secure hiking & biking access to Corner Rd and Dylan’s Path (previously known as Camp Trail) recreating for all the infamous Ridge Loop
- Reroute the a section of the new Musser Gap trail
- Hold Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day
- Reopen Yoder Trail
- Develop a plan with DCNR and RMBA for rehabilitating some old XC Ski trails in Greenwood to create more beginner friendly trails.
- Support racing in the area via various events like the Rothrock Trailmix, Stoopid 50, Wilderness 101, YMCA Black Mo and TSE
- Lead weekly beginner rides
What’s on the table for 2015? Here are just some of the happenings:
Apr 10 – Spring Trash Clean Up
Apr 26 – Spring Group Ride
May 07 – Beginner rides start up
May 15 – Dirtfest – Rothrock Rides
May 17 – Dirtfest – Coopers Gap Rides
May 24 – 30 Transylvania Epic – support
Jun 13 – Trailmix – support
Jul 11 – Summer ride
Jul 25 – Wilderness 101 – support
Aug 08 – YMCA Black Mo Race – support
Aug 15 – 16 Stans No Tubes Back Country Enduro – support
Aug 29 – Full moon ride
Sep 20 – Club ride (Raffle give away)
Oct 23 – Fall Trash Clean Up
Oct 25 – Fall Group Ride
Check out the calendar for up to date info about all of these events! And don’t forget to renew your membership today!