Trail Building and Maintenance
For over 20 years, NMBA Volunteers have maintained trails in the area. In practicality, a trail is a maintained corridor through the landscape. We use best practices in partnership with groups, individuals and government to keep local trails in sustainable condition for all user types. The diverse volunteer tasks required to efficiently maintain trails means there is a place for everyone to contribute! NMBA is organized to enable volunteers to make meaningful contributions in support of our communities needs.
Are you a biker, hiker, trail runner, horseback rider, bird watcher, climber or other outdoor enthusiast? Want to have a hand in improving our trail systems? VOLUNTEER! We’d love to have you along on our next NMBA trail work project.
Need to report down trees, erosion or other trail issues?
- Volunteer to be a team lead! Look to see what is available above or on the Volunteer Opportunities page, and adopt a section and decide on a date and time.
- Volunteer for a supporting role. Check out what is avialble on the Volunteer Opportunities page or our Calendar.
- Consider coordinating additional volunteers using NMBA chat.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access to tools and / or if you have any questions
- Log your hours using Trailforks! http://nittanymba.org/log-your-trail-work/