NMBA is a non-profit organization for Mountain Bike enthusiasts in the Centre County, PA region. We are dedicated to the protection of mountain bike trails in this area. We come from all areas of central PA, all ages and walks of life, and are connected by our common love of mountain biking and the land.
NMBA has a wide range of ways people can get involved whether you are an occasional vacation rider, a mountain bike racer, or trail enthusiast. For more than a decade NMBA has supported these activities in the following ways:
- Trail Access and CareNMBA works closely with local authorities and the International Mountain bike Association (IMBA) to develop and maintain our local trails. NMBA has made every effort to ensure that the trails mountain bikers (and other outdoor enthusiasts) enjoy stay open and are maintained every month. We run regularly scheduled trail building and maintenance activities and always follow IMBA guidelines. Trail work is a great way to get involved in your local community for a few hours on Saturday morning or an entire season.
- Organized group ridesWhat could be better than mountain biking through the lush forests of Pennsylvania? Mountain biking with a group of your buddies! Organized group rides are a great time to get together with the people you know, but also allow you to meet new bikers. We run regularly scheduled rides for the absolute beginner all the way through advanced rides during the riding season.
- Meeting new peopleTired of Biking alone? Joining NMBA is a great way to find a riding partner. Don’t be afraid and think that the NMBA is only a group of advanced riders or a racing club. One of the goals of the NMBA is to provide a forum for everyone where they can meet and ride with others of their own ability and fitness level. NMBA hosts a very active web forum where people regularly meet up to find a ride or swap stories. Join NMBA, and you may find that biking buddy you’ve been looking for.
- Discover new trailsNew to the area? Short on time? Trails are scarce, and good trails are even harder to find, especially by yourself. Chances are that someone else knows of one that you don’t.
Supporting this bond with the land, our mountain bike club follows six basic rules of the trail borrowed from IMBA, the International Mountain Biking Association, and we strongly encourage you to do the same. Following these simple rules will be a large step forward in protecting our land use privileges.
- Ride on open trails only
- Leave no trace
- Control your bicycle
- Always yield trail
- Never spook animals
- Plan ahead
If you are new to the area, new to Mountain Biking, or just want to support the ideas you see here come check us out at one of our sheduled events or rides.
NMBA thanks you for your support through your paid membership! New members are always welcome at NMBA Membership Meetings (check the calendar). Or join from the comfort of home –
- Download our membership form
- Mail the downloaded form to:
PO Box 1215
State College, PA 16804-1215
- Pay via check or online through PayPal
- Include a check with the form, made out to “NMBA”.
– OR –
- Pick up your T-shirt! Individual and Gift Memberships come with a free T-Shirt! (Early in the year, listen for an announcement about when the shirts come in.)
- Shirts will be available at NMBA Membership Meetings – OR –
- Bring your PayPal receipt to a local bike shop to pick up your shirt
A big thank you to all the businesses who support NMBA! Check out and support the local businesses below!